THINGS THAT I USED TO BELIEVE AS A CHILD
Oh, to be young and naive. Here are ten things I used to believe when I was but a wee lass.
- •Carpenters are the people who put carpet in your house.Jesus was a carpenter; not sure how I rationalized that in my head.
- •Insecurity is something that you naturally grow out ofIf that's true, I'm still waiting.
- •When I grow up, I'm going to go through some magical transformation and become a beautiful, classy, intelligent adultUm, not quite. In most ways, I still feel and look the same as that seven year old girl who thought that.
- •My family is immune to deaths and divorcesNope aaaand nope.
- •Becoming a teenager is the actual coolest thing in the world, and once you pass that milestone, your life just falls into placeIf anything, my life fell more apart.
- •All it takes is getting along well with someone to ensure lifelong BFF statusI haven't spoken to people in years who I used to be best friends with. We never had a falling out or anything, life just happened and we lost touch and never put the effort into reconnecting.
- •It'll be a struggle to hold the boys off until I'm 16 (my own personal ideal dating age back then *shrug*), but I think I can handle itBoys really couldn't care less about me during my teen years, as far as I know, and now, three years past my 'ideal dating age,' I'm still not really dating.
- •The whole 'giving birth' process is overrated, and adoption is for sure the one and only way for meWhile I still think adoption is a wonderful thing, and it's not necessarily out of the question for me, I know that I would ideally like to have at least a couple of babies.
- •By the time I graduate from high school, I'll know exactly what I want to do with my life and how to get thereIf only. The struggle is real.
- •Pineapples grow on treesOkay, so I totally thought that until, like, yesterday. Needless to say, not many pineapples grow around here.