Advice for Makers
Every year at the conclusion of the 99U Conference (an annual conference for creative leaders, focused on execution and getting shit done vs. just working on it), I share some tips to think about.
- •Make something that NEEDS to exist. Value Necessity over Novelty.
- •If you're not nervous, you're doing something wrong.
- •It's the last mile of your work that is the first mile of your customer's/audience's experience of your work.
- •The only way to own your destiny is to do the work.
- •Sometimes it's best to break through, not circumvent.
- •Decisions made out of fear lead to the status quo.
- •Beware of the path of least resistance. The easy path will only take you to a crowded place.