Actual Conversation I Had With My Mother
Who knows Black Betty by Ram Jam?
- •Mom: What song is this?
- •Me (Jade): Black betty. What's black Betty mean?
- •Mom: It's a black woman
- •J: It could be something else
- •M: No. It couldn't. I know what it means, that's what it means.
- •Jade, Dad: It could be literally anything else. They're a buncha white dudes. Why would they be singing that
- •M: No.
- •J:You didn't even know what this song was like 5 minutes ago
- •M: That's what it means, I know it does. & I actually did know this song before I just haven't heard it in a while. I said that.
- •J: Nobody actually knows a songs meaning...unless you wrote it
- •M: *Violently shaking head* It's about a black woman.
- •J: Ok mom okay