Best Ladders in Video Games
There's nothing better than a great ladder in a video game. Here are some of my favorites. Let me know if there's any other great video game ladders I should add, ladder fans!
- 6.Honorable Mention: Final Fantasy VIIIt's not a ladder, but the classic stairway scene in Final Fantasy VII captures the spirit of great video game ladders.
- 5.The Legend of Zelda: Wind WakerA nice long ladder right at the start of the game. Pretty good ladder, but nothing compared to what's in store.
- 4.DanganronpaDuring the Danganronpa's tense climax, there's a great scene on this very long ladder. Unfortunately, being a VN means you can't actually interact with the ladder. The climb isn't even animated. A serious blow to an otherwise spectacular ladder.
- 3.Skies of ArcadiaAwwww yes. Now we're getting to the good stuff. Vyse's hometown has this absurdly tall ladder leading up to a tiny island floating above. It's beautiful, it's way too long, and the scene at the top is great. Excellent ladder all around.
- 2.Tomb RaiderThe Tomb Raider reboot was a long series of terrifying set pieces, and climbing the ladder up this tower was one of the terrifyingest.
- 1.Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake EaterClimbing this ridiculously long ladder while the vocals-only version of Snake Eater plays is truly the greatest ladder moment in video game history.