THINGS I HAVE BONDED OVER WITH TOTAL STRANGERS
- •Hating on people who hold up iPads to record live concerts
- •KimbraTechnically the first ever concert I went to alone. It was magical. No iPads were raised.
- •Delayed/crowded trains
- •Filipino telenovelas, with a Khmer woman in Siem ReapShe said she watches them online, even if they don't have English subtitles.
- •Getting stopped at a military checkpoint in a mountainIt did not register how scary/dangerous the situation was until someone later pointed out how scary/dangerous it was.
- •An indigenous dance in said mountain
- •Politics, with cab drivers.
- •McDonald's, with a cab driver.I was really hungry and traffic was terrible, so my cabbie and I detoured through a McDonald's drive through. We split fries and chicken nuggets.
- •Andrew McMahonI went alone and had to share a table with a bunch of beautiful strangers, who are probably more obsessed with Andrew than I am.