FOODS I HAVE YET TO LIKE
We're always told that when we grow up we'll learn to like these foods. Maybe I'm not grown up enough but I still don't like these foods... Not included are foods I don't love but tolerate (corn, banana, tomato, etc.)
- •Zucchini (and most squash)My mother in law tried. And for the first little while I ate it to be polite. And then I got over it and started declining the piles of squash.
- •MushroomsIt's sometimes tolerable and I now find that the sign of a good restaurant is one that makes me ignore and eat the mushrooms in a dish.
- •OatmealI got a creme brûlée oatmeal from a fancy cafe once. It, too, was disgusting to me. Oatmeal cookies on the other hand are perfectly tolerable!
- •Cantaloupe and honeydewWatermelon used to be included until I found that a good juicy watermelon is actually okay. I still don't search out watermelon though.
- •QuinoaI could not jump onto this bandwagon. It's a texture thing.
- •PolentaMy classmates in culinary school loved this so we had it for lunch a few times and I really really tried but yeah. It's gross.