HOBBIES I WAS TEMPORARILY INTO
I love learning a new thing, spending all my money on it, obsessing over it for weeks, then moving on and loosing my supplies.
- •CrochetA high school boyfriend taught me to crochet. I made an AWFUL scarf. I relearned years later with the help of my sister. Made two more AWFUL scarves. Quit. I wonder where those needles are...
- •WatercolorBought super expensive peerless water colors and water pens. Painted pictures of food and Grumpy Cat. Gave up. Still need to frame my Grumpy Cat.
- •PoetryWon some high school contests probably because no one else entered. Put it on my college applications. Never wrote poetry again.
- •Baking CupcakesAt the height of the world cupcake obsession. Became known for making them. Planned on opening a shop. Stopped when I went to college and didn't have an oven or baking supplies.
- •GardeningThis hobby comes up every few years. This year my herb garden lasted longest at nearly 2 months over the summer. Maybe in a few years I'll last a whole summer.
- •UkuleleLearned a few songs and had loads of fun but gave up when it became to difficult to learn harder songs because I play it upside-down/backwards because I'm left handed and have a right handed uke.
- •GolfI was on the golf team in high school and wasn't great but I had fun. Josh enjoys golfing so we go occasionally but I have to be in the right mood. It tends to bring out my rage if I'm in a remotely bad mood and I'm not doing well.
- •CalligraphyOne Christmas I got mostly calligraphy supplies. I bought an online class that I never took and gave up after only a few tries because it wasn't easy with my style of left-handed writing. Do inks go bad? Cuz my bottles look funny now.
- •WritingMy 4th grade teacher told me that one day I'd be a published author. I start writing a novel every few years. Then I give up because I can't stick with anything long enough to finish a few chapters let alone a whole book. I've decided that I'll write a cookbook to become a published author instead.
- •PotteryI made an awesome bank in high school but a kid in my class accidentally broke it. I really liked throwing bowls on a wheel though. Turns out wheels are expensive and you need a space to do it so I haven't picked it back up since high school.
- •BoxingThe bag is still hanging up in my garage and I think about starting up again but then I go to the gym (gotta make that membership worthwhile) and I get it out of my system.
- •SewingI took sewing classes growing up and my mom is an amazing seamstress but I don't have the patience for patterns so I only sew when I find something inspiring at the thrift store that I want to alter.
- •Cross stitchingMy current hobby. It's not difficult or expensive so it was a perfect fit! I'll probably make a few pieces to hang on my wall before I move on.