THINGS PEOPLE SAY TO KNITTERS
- •I could never do that.Actually, you probably could if you wanted to.
- •I want to learn to knit, but I don't have the patience for it.You find patience for skills you want to acquire.
- •Can you knit a ________ for me?Nope. I don't know you well enough and I only knit for love. I've tried knitting for strangers and acquaintances before. It made me hate them.
- •You could sell that and make a lot of money.But then I wouldn't have time to knit for myself. And I'm my favorite person to knit for. Also, not many people want to pay the time and material cost for hand-knit items.
- •My grandma knits.That's because your grandma is awesome.
- •"wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy it?"maybe. but knitters don't always knit for a finished product - they knit for the process.Suggested by @debsecrest
- •"My aunt/grandma/friend knit me this great afghan."I'm sure it's great, but I'd also bet it's crocheted and not knit.Suggested by @ladyprofessor
- •Oh, you're crocheting!Um no. There IS a difference.Suggested by @amyoregon