THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO ME 📚
Inspired by @daisystella - super hard to choose. I have a 'desert island' list that I'll cull from:
- •Griffin and Sabine by Nick BantockVoyeuristic and beautiful. Nothing like reading other people's mail.
- •The Magicians by @levgrossmanLove this series about teenage, angsty magicians that grow up to be older, angsty magicians.
- •Tales of the City by Armistead MaupinIf you haven't met Anna, Maryann, Michael and the rest yet, then you need to immediately.
- •Chocolat by Joanne HarrisLike visiting another planet. In a really good way.
- •On the Divinity of Second Chances by Kaya MaclarenA great tale of a loving family struggling to remember they're a loving family.
- •The Golden Compass by Philip PullmanLyra. She's the awesome at heroine ever.
- •The Book Thief by Mark ZusakI loved that Death narrates this tale. One of a few books about World War II I've been able to read.
- •Kitchen by Banana YoshimotoYoshimoto (and her translator) are amazing. Great, heartfelt, touching story.
- •Written on the Body by Jeanette WintersonWhen I interviewed for my job at the Barn & Nob I used a synopsis of this book to 'sell' my interviewer. And then got hired.
- •My Brilliant Friend by Elena FerranteI read this entire series over the past summer. So good they've been added to the 'desert island' list.