To Mom, who's no longer available by phone
List 6 for #CreativeSprint. Prompt: Deliver a message in an unusual way. I must be feeling a little blue, and missing my mom.
- •Dear Mom,
- •I almost called you on the phone today,
- •to ask about roasting chicken
- •and curing hiccups
- •and growing flowers in the shade.
- •I wanted to talk about my bunion
- •and the book I've almost finished
- •and the friendships I can't fake.
- •I wondered if you ate sushi
- •or went to rodeos and concerts
- •or ran barefoot in the rain.
- •I started tapping out your number, Mom.
- •But I stopped myself again
- •and added to an eternal list
- •of things I'd like to say.