GUYS, THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW
Literally, had no idea what this show was going to be, just wanted something mindless to fall asleep to. Boy was I wrong! It's now 2 am and I'm nervous Norman is going to be voted off.
- •Competition (ish)It's a competition show, where everyone roots for each other and is sad to see another person go each week. And they don't actually win anything besides being titled the best baker of the bunch
- •The credit songSo cheerful and so British. Makes me feel like everything is going to be ok.
- •The PresentersMel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins. What color blazer jackets will they wear this episode?? What terrible puns will the make this week??
- •The JudgesMary Berry and Paul Hollywood. I mean those names alone. But also so knowledgable and kind to the contestants even when they have downfalls
- •The ContestantsWhat a lovely bunch of genuine people. They're all just amateur home bakers who have a passion and want to showcase their talents.
- •StructureEach episode has a theme (ex: pastries) for three challenges: signature, technical, and showstopper. Idk why but the consistency of this structure comforts me. Like no crazy surprises.
- •EducationalI'm learning! Honestly, I could give major tips on how to bake without having lifted a finger.
- •Oh fuck Norman is dunzo, I knew itSuch a sweet old man. Loved a simple bake; was more concerned with great flavor than his presentation. Got him in the end.