This is a story about falling out of love inspired by @michelle
- •We stood in his living room. I had just called a car to take me to the airport because he had "somewhere to be." We stared awkwardly at each other, waiting for the other to make a move.
- •"I need to get in the shower."
- •"Okay..." I thought we had made progress the night before to not warrant such a cold demeanor.
- •We fumbled a kiss just like we fumbled a high five that started this whole thing a year and a half ago. "I love you."
- •He grumbled, "Loveyoutoo," out of obligation and walked away, closing the door behind him to turn on the faucet.
- •A moment later my phone buzzed. "Your car is now arriving." He couldn't wait two minutes to see me off.
- •That was the last time we saw each other.