WHERE TO DRINK COFFEE AND LURK IN THE DAYTIME IN BRIGHTON
In a town of freelancers and slackers and slacking freelancers there are many many options:
- •Small Batch Coffee on Norfolk SqNot much atmosphere but it's near my house so I'm in here a lot. No wifi therefore fewer lurking laptop types than normal.
- •Mr WolfeAlso near my house but tiny so it's like you're sitting in someone's living room but with strangers, overhearing every conversation.
- •Bond street coffeeTake their coffee very seriously. Lots of beardy laptoppers. Brownies are sublime. SUBLIME.
- •MarwoodLots of uncomfortable furniture (an overall trend in Brighton coffee shops, actually) and somewhat scathing about decaff
- •Small Batch Coffee Wilbury RoadLovely outdoor terrace that only briefly gets the sun. I once accidentally sat next to someone I was avoiding - we had to make awkward chit-chat for a bit - so I'm always a bit furtive when I come here
- •Meeting Place CafeDefinitely the sunniest option. Don't come for the food, drinks or service. Feels a bit like bingo because they randomly call out non-consecutive order numbers.