HOW TO AVOID CON CRUD
Here's what I do before, during, and after a convention or conference to avoid getting sick.
- •Start boosting my immune system beforehand.Vitamin C and zinc help. I usually take Airborne to get a nice blast of vitamins.
- •Exercise the days BEFORE I know I will be sitting most of the day.Some cons require A LOT of walking, so you can get exercise in before you know you'll be sitting at panels.
- •Drink water BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER.(Using Dasani pic only because this is usually what is available at cons.) Staying hydrated is key. Most cons have air conditioning or heating systems that will suck every last molecule of H2O out of you!
- •Hand sanitizer DURING!I love Bath and Body Works PocketBacs, especially after I have been shaking hands with all my new nerd friends or running my hands through all the gorgeous merch in the exhibit hall.
- •Tea AFTER the con.Usually my throat becomes hoarse from talking or from being in a dry air conditioned room all day. Throat Coat is my saviour.
- •Eat well BEFORE and AFTER the conLet's face it. Most of us will eat junk during the con, whether it's the greasy fast food or gorging ourselves on fancy food truck fare. Because I know I am likely to do one of the two, I try to eat well before and after.
- •RELAX!!!Hard to do before the con because I'm so excited, but it is essential during and after the con. Cons can be stressful! I always try to find a moment during the con to just chill. After the con, I find relaxation in reflection, thinking about all the fun I had and about all the new connections I've made!