HOW YOU KNOW WINTER IS COMING WHEN YOU LIVE IN L.A.
I wasn't born here, but I sure do know when winter is coming to Southern California! #Winteriscoming #SoCalLife #HolidaysInLA #toosoon
- •Hot Peppermint MochasAvailable at every coffee shop, even when it's 80 degrees outside.
- •The neighborhood ice cream truck is playing Jingle Bells...and Deck The Halls in October, just before Halloween.
- •Flannel, sweaters, hats, scarvesAngelenos are wearing sweaters, flannel shirts, hats, scarves, and boots when it is 80 degrees and sunny outside.
- •People talk about El Niño...A LOT!It's getting stronger and so are the plentiful news reports about past El Niño weather events.
- •Snow in Big Bear, dry as a bone in Venice.Your friend who lives in Big Bear tells you it's snowing there when you only experience a slight sprinkle of rain that immediately dries up.
- •CVS already has the menorah display the week before Halloween!CVS has its Hanukkah merchandise neatly placed in a small section of the store, next to the overflowing three aisles of Christmas kitsch BEFORE HALLOWEEN HAS ENDED!!
- •Advent calendars before ThanksgivingAnd Starbucks even has an Advent calendar ornament tree!
- •Frosty store window scenes in NovemberThe mannequins in store windows are clearly enjoying a frosty winter holiday in a place that can't possibly be SoCal.