FAVORITE DAILY PRACTICES TO CULTIVATE JOY
Thank you @lilydiamond for requesting this list.. You're a gem and a genius!❤️
- •Breathing! Breathing into amazing as well as challenging moments..
- •Listening! Practicing compassionate listening, and being in the beauty and sometimes discomfort of creating space for someone to release and relinquish suffering. Sometimes that person is me! I always learn something.
- •Giving compliments! I love love love sharing the amazingness I see in you. You are genius of a special kind. Did you know you were a genius? I celebrate you!
- •Improvising poetry gives me a special type of joy. When I sit to write, my heart begins to deploy, a whole host of feelings and more, for me to express and not store, away for no one to see or to not share, when I let it out I feel connected and I care, to keep looking and listening to my heart, for that is a place for the healing and joy to start
- •Meditation! Sitting with myself and saying hello. I often squirm and try to change how I feel. When I sit and simply say hello to myself and bring all my attention back from all the places I left it I feel whole again.
- •Yoga! Exercise! Movement! I need to move.. And when I do, great things happen. If I don't move my body I am in pain and I get stuck.
- •Water! I drink water everyday. Never soda, and no caffeine.
- •Love! I love people. Everyday I practice putting love into the world and loving myself.
- •Gratitude! Thank you thank you thank you. Thank you for the good the bad and the beautiful!
- •!!!!!! Exclamation points! Clearly!!!! I am happy they help me communicate my enthusiasm. When I let that out I feel joyful. When I hold back I feel cramped. Thanks for being my partner in crime exclamation point. You rock so hard! You give my text a boost! What would I do without you?!?!?!