Knives My Dad Has Sent Me Recently
Because the only thing better than Texts From My Dad is Packages From My Dad
- •As I recounted in my first list Texts from my dad, my dad texted me a while back asking if I needed an Exacto knife set.I didn't at the time, but shortly thereafter, the handle of mine snapped off in my hand, so I let him know I was looking...
- •A week later he sent me this ridiculously deluxe kit!Wow, okay I'm set for my all my crafty needs!
- •But the thing about my dad is that this notion in his head that I needed knives did not go away after he sent me some.In high school when I started putting embroidered patches on my backpack, he sent me every patch he came across and he still sends me some from time to time...
- •So a week later I got this in the mail.Utility knives of all sizes. Well, I can put one in each purse I use and then I'm never without one?
- •But what about fancy occasions where a mere utility knife does not convey enough luxury?Look it's even for ladies 👠👠👠👠
- •Did you think that was it?It's a fair guess, but you are wrong.
- •A "store bought" knife is but a trifle, I mean, we are DIY, pioneer spirit, rugged Alaskan people, there is no reason not to have knives uniquely tailored to our own personalities.... Right?
- •When I heard "You got a piece of cake in the mail!" I was a bit disappointed it didn't look like an actual piece of cake. 🍰It was just a peculiar triangle covered in stickers and odd selections from his Word of the Day calendar.
- •I mean, the bar has been set high since receiving this ice cream cone with stamps on it...
- •But inside the triangle, under many layers of bubble wrap... Was ice cream!With a strange message attached. Never can tell with my dad what is a joke and what is not...
- •I braced myself for confetti or dead bugs or whatever else might be contained therein.🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦
- •Well it's a knife of course.The most perfect knife a weirdo artist could ever hope for.
- •Here it is in its new family with my squirt gun and timer.
- •🔪🔪🔪 The End 🔪🔪🔪