Books I've started and may or may not have finished 📔📓📙👩🏻🏫
I have a bad habit of starting to read books and not finishing them (bc I start other books simultaneously / get excited about another before finishing one / don't have time to read.) Maybe this will hold me more accountable and I can take myself to Pizza Hut after each book. 🤷🏻♀️ + some books I've finished so I don't feel so bad abt myself.
- •The Organized Mind: started 5/17
- •The Beautiful and Damned: started 5/17Needed something that I wasn't necessarily trying to learn from. Also love Fitzgerald mostly bc of my fascination with his wife Zelda.
- •This is Your Brain on Music: started 12/16Bought this at a client's meditation studio which was crazy bc I happened to be thinking a lot about how music affects my brain that week.
- •Choosing a Jewish Life: Started 12/16Conversion research.
- •Getting Things Done: started 12/16Clearly this backfired as I have not gotten my reading done. Also, is it terrible I can't finish bc I hate this cover / I'm buying the new edition with a better cover.
- •🌟Why be Jewish: started 11/16 - FINISHED! 11/16Easy read, very engaging, and was my first exploratory read on converting. I decided it was the right choice not even half-way through the book.
- •🌟How to Love Yourself and Sometimes Other People: started 2/16 - FINISHED! 10/16Lodro is my client and meditation instructor. This book changed my life and actually worked out with timeline bc every time I got to a chapter it was exactly what I needed to read at the time.
- •Triggers: started IDK! -
- •GRACE: started IDK!Was really into it then part way through every time I picked it up I just wanted to stop and do things with my life bc Grace's life is so cool.
- •🌗The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck: started 11/16 - finished 11/16 technically bc I was done with itI decided I didn't give a fuck about the book anymore so I stopped - that's the whole point right?
- •The Utopia of Rules: started 6/17I bought this book 2 months ago and it's been sitting on my coffee table. Figured I'd start reading it. And no - I did not finish the 2 other books I started last weekend. 🤔🤷🏻♀️
- •🌟Carrie Fisher - Wishful Drinking: Started 6/17 - Finished 6/17I have high hopes for finishing this one - 'a new hope' you may say. It's an easy read and of great interest. UPDATE: I finished this book in less than a day! And though it's supposed to be funny, the content means the world to me and is so relevant to the work I'm about to involve myself in. ~mysterious~ #mentalhealth
- •Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking - started 6/17As a low-key introvert / public ambivert, I'm very excited to just let that side of me have its moment.
- •🌟Started - Finished 8/17I completely forgot someone told me to read this 2 months ago and sent me the ebook, until another person told me to read this 2 weeks ago and kept referencing it. Needed to read it now more than I did 2 months ago. 🙏🏽🌊✨💗