Things that taste like my childhood
I know people say that smell is closely connected to memory, but I think for me it's more about taste
- •Capri SunsMy favorite way to consume these was to freeze them, cut the top off with scissors and poke at the block of ice with a fork to make some sort of weird slush. I would inevitably poke through the foil and into my fingers- YUM!
- •Papa Murphy's PizzaAlways fresh, sometimes burnt
- •Anything from the Schwan's truckThe Schwan's Truck would come all the way out to our house 🏡 every other week to deliver frozen delights. We also had a milkman who came once a week... oh country living
- •Homemade Frozen CoffeeYes, I drank coffee as a young child. Well, technically I ate coffee as a young child. Really this is mostly sugar and cream with just a splash of coffee
- •HummusThis is a heavily guarded family secret recipe, but I'll tell you about one game changer: roast your pine nuts. Also, add a ton of garlic