THE EMOTIONS I FEEL WHEN A NEW BOOK PACKAGE ARRIVES
As a book collector, I order a lot of books from bookstores around the world. While my wallet and shelves may simultaneously groan in distress - I don't!
- •Anticipation as I bring the package inside.
- •Focus as I cut, tear, rip or gnaw the 10 layers of tape off the box.
- •Exasperation as I, more carefully, have to peel, snip, and fling away the endless bubble wrap, brown paper and peanuts before beholding the object of my hunt.
- •Excitement as I finally hold my new book.
- •Joy at opening its cover and smelling the paper.
- •Regret at having to put it on the shelf because I have 8,181,621 other books waiting to be read.
- •Satisfaction when I look at the shelves and shelves and shelves of books decorating the walls and enriching my life.