WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BE ASHAMED OF YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE BOOKS
I fully admit to loving trashy, ill-written books that would make literary types cringe. And you should, too.
- •You're reading. Period.Seriously, in an age where most people don't read more than their Facebook feed, you should feel proud to be enhancing your synaptic connections.
- •Who cares, anyway.Be yourself. Like what you like. Forget the haters.
- •People who criticize books they haven't read have no street cred to be spouting opinions.
- •Books are meant to be enjoyed, not just written for cultural and intellectual insight.If movies were treated the way we wouldn't have summer blockbusters. We'd all be expected to continuously watch boring artsy French films.
- •Reading poorly written books makes you better appreciate really well written books.
- •Admission: I like Twilight and admit to having re-read it several times. That doesn't mean that I also can't love Infinite Jest and Middlesex and The Satanic Verses and Wicked and ...