Already on li.st? Open in app.
- 1.Acid Rap - Chance The RapperChance is just very fun to listen to. I love his voice so much and he raps with dynamic tones through his bars similar to a Danny Brown or Nicki Minaj.
- 2.Sunbather - DeafheavenThe black metal vocals are drowned out and distorted to sound more like an additional guitar than a driving melody. Extremely well composed and well layered guitars, vocals and drums make this poignant symphony of fuzz strangely relaxing.
- 3.Yeezus - Kanye WestThis is the embodiment of Kanye's famous Twitter rants put into music form. The man is essentially yelling over loud noises the entire album. Very punchy beats with, in my opinion, Kanye's most creative production.
- 1.Blonde - Frank Ocean
- 2.A Seat At The Table - Solange
- 3.The Sun's Tirade - Isaiah Rashad
Feeling lazy this week so I'm just doing my favourite songs on the albums.
- 1.Violent - We Are The CityKing David
- 2.Run The Jewels 2 - Run The JewelsOh My Darling
- 3.Black Messiah - D'Angelo & The VanguardThe Charade
I am going to start doing a list for every year going down from 2015.
- 1.The Cowmen - The CowmenAmazing Comedy/Horror/Country album that deserves much more recognition. Had this on loop for months and provided me a gateway into Country musicians like Johnny Cash.
- 2.To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick LamarObvious pick for this list. Not much needs to be said here. Kendrick delivers bangers and thinkers pulling influences from funk, soul, and jazz with amazing production and classic Cornrow Kenny lyricism.
- 3.Ibn El Leil - Mashrou3 LeilaHammed Sinno is probably one of the greatest vocalists alive right now. His voice playing off almost as an instrument in the mix accompanied by violin and pop-y synth create a beautiful and catchy masterpiece.