MY FAVORITE PEARL JAM SONGS
Yikes this was difficult. I imagine this list will look pretty different in ten years. Hell, ten weeks from now it could change. But for today, here it goes. In no particular order:
- •BlackI know this is one of their most popular songs, so everyone loves it, but this is the one that really put these guys in my all time favorites category. Easily the most passionate song in their catalog. If there was one song in my entire life, not just PJ, but any song ever that I could listen to for the first time again, it would easily be this one.
- •AliveI don't think any all time list of PJ songs would be complete without this on it. Again, one of their most popular songs, so I know I'm not blowing anyone away with this opinion, but it's still a great song.
- •PorchThe way this song just builds from the guitar break into the last minute or so is incredible.
- •Hard to ImagineWhen they go into the final chorus and Eddie says "I tried to explain" with just a slight growl in his voice😍😍😍
- •Just BreatheAnd speaking of heart-eyed emojis 😍😍😍
- •Yellow LedbetterOnce in a blue moon I'll hear this song at work and I get super excited when I hear the opening guitar riff. I proceed to sing along in my head to the best of my ability and completely zone out for a good five minutes. I ask people around me if they're Pearl jam fans too but I work with a bunch of lames so of course they say no.
- •I Am MineI just really like the melody
- •ReleaseMy dad is a fan of The Doors and this song really shows off Eddie's great baritone, similar to Jim Morrison. Plus it's a song about dads and stuff, so any time I drive my dad anywhere I try to play this song. I'm going to get someone in my family to love PJ as much as I do if it kills me.
- •IndifferenceSuper depressing song, but sometimes that's just what you need.
- •Present TenseLyrically speaking, probably my favorite PJ song