Useless but Interesting Facts
Because these seem to be popular lately
- •Kangaroos CAN jump backwards.They just do so a tiny distance. They can also swim!
- •Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird"For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird [than the eagle]..."
- •Catfish have taste buds all over their bodiesLarge ones can have up to 175,000 taste buds.
- •Google used to be named back rubTo be honest, both of them are pretty useful.
- •Freezing food doesn't kill bacteriaIt just makes it inactive. If you don't want to eat contaminated food it might be a good idea to cook it.
- •Some insects have frighteningly long life spansQueen termites have been known to live up to 50 years!
- •Giraffes are the tallest animals in the worldMales can grow up to 18ft and females can grow up to 14ft. Calves are born 6ft tall and can grow up to an inch every day.