BEST MUSIC VIDEOS OF THE 90S
Feeling nostalgic about the 90s music videos that taught me a thing or two about myself throughout high school. Here's five of a longer list...
- •The Pharcyde - DropThis is one of those music videos that really made me stop and think about choreography and an image can be captured in an exciting and deceptively simple way. I fucking love this video. I fucking love this song.
- •Nada Surf - PopularI remember seeing this video freshman year of high school and it was kind of empowering. I think it was probably because it was the first time I realized football players weren't the cool kids in my school, the social outcasts were. 'If you see Johnny Football in the hall, tell him he played a great game!'
- •Pearl Jam - JeremyA truly impactful music video... But let's be honest, this is just a beautiful film. If I could hang it on my wall, I would. Watch it now, in today's world. It's message is maybe more profound and important and it really taps into what a lot of us felt inside growing up.
- •Rancid - Ruby SohoI got into punk music around the time this song dropped, and it was one of those videos that I watched over and over on a VHS tape. These guys were the epitome of a super tight punk band with wicked style.
- •Saves the Day - Shoulder to the WheelPerfect teen angst music to cling to as I launched into my last year of high school. This video sums up living in the suburbs, driving around looking for the party I wasn't invited to. But whatever, who needs parties when you've got emo ballads on the radio!