sophomore year of college: a lookback
i finished classes today and started packing up my dorm. exams are next week and i will never live in a dorm again a week from today.
- •the first part was badi moved into a dorm room with the girl who i was dating at the time who was obviously too mentally ill and unstable to be at school. she moved out after a month and i felt like SHIT. the pressure to be her support system from 2 hours away while also keeping up with school sucked. i skipped a lot of class and half assed a lot of work. i didn't get the best grades.
- •our megabed aka 2 twin xls pushed together ft. a bunting i made that said no boys allowed
- •@feminist and i during homecoming looking cute as hell
- •my fish bo. may he rest in peace.
- •but then things started getting betternot to brag but i worked really hard this semester. i stopped procrastinating and letting myself skip class all the time. i realized my relationship was abusive and got out. i set boundaries for how she was allowed to interact with me. i went back to counseling. i signed a lease for next year. i signed my major. i got a job. i got a car.
- •i switched rooms with my roommates and it was great not having to be in a space that i was supposed to be sharing with someone who was important to me anymore.
- •the squad on st patricks day (probably the most sober people in our whole hall)
- •i got an a in a college math class??? i mean it was math for elementary teachers but still?? i don't have to take the final because i got an a
- •and now sometimes i study outside because outside is nice and the sun is good for you
- •and i'm proud of myself for coming out of this year on topand i'm excited to not have to eat caf food next year