I SHOULD BE SLEEPING WHILE MY NEWBORN IS SLEEPING, HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS INSTEAD....
You need to sleep when your newborn is sleeping. Get over it people, not happening. Here's why. The perfect moment when you see your little bundle slip into dreamy sleep is immediately followed with the items that have been consuming your mind during wake time. Here's just a clip.
- •Deodorant, did I put it on yet? Yes, maybe not, what the heck I need more anyway.
- •See above, replace with brushing teeth
- •I can get a load of laundry in
- •Empty the dishwasher, must empty the dishwasher
- •Ok I'll try to put my head down
- •Wait, he's been asleep for almost an hour, I should pump...
- •Time to eat something, I'm starving
- •Oh those medical bills need to get paid, I'll try to get them done now
- •Annnnd the billing dept is on a 1.5 hour lunch, nice
- •Need to schedule some appointments too, guess that should wait till after lunch, I'll get the phone numbers ready
- •Move load from washer to dryer
- •Put lunch dishes in empty dishwasher
- •Lay down and find something boring on tv
- •Start to drift, baby stirs
- •Drift further, baby passes gas
- •Dead asleep, baby wakes up and wails for some grub
- •Feed and then repeat