ALBUMS THAT CHANGED MY LIFE
- •August and Everything AfterReally pretty lyrics and music. I was 12 when it came out.
- •The WallMy family would always tell TIME TO GO from all corners of the house before leaving, en masse, for something.
- •Selling the DramaMy brother Sam would openly mock me for listening to this constantly.
- •TapestryI went to Hawaii with this really cheap boyfriend. Radio stations suck in Hawaii, so he sent me into a Costco (?) for some music. He'd insisted for the three days prior to that that we only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So I walked out of Costco with a Carole King box set. One disc was a straight-up kids' cd. Anyway that's how I met Carole. Adam was ok with it because Tapestry is just so damn good.
- •Love Songs and NegotiationsI actually learned about being a human being from this cd. Sometimes I'll feel a certain kind of joy or (emotional) pain, and I'll be like, ah yes, Paul foretold this.
- •Best of QueenMy sister.