THAT TIME I LAUGHED AT DANGER
- •The time my roommate laughed at danger is the first thing that came to mind.
- •My three friends and I lived in a dilapidated house just off campus.
- •Everything about the house was wonky or broken.
- •A few months into the living there, Molly flushed the upstairs toilet and 2 gallons of water gushed through the ceiling, into the entryway downstairs.
- •Katie and I saw it. I started panicking. I was like, they're going to charge us for this. Ahhhhh. We've got to call the landlord. (Couldn't reach him.)
- •But when Ericka got back from lab, we re-created the scenario.
- •As soon as the toilet was flushed, water gushed from the ceiling.
- •Ericka threw her head back and laughed.
- •And it never happened again.