THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO ME 📚
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Boys of My Youth, Joann BeardNonfiction essays. 10/10. Five stars. All thumbs up. Etc.
- •Dandelion Wine, Ray BradburyHaunting.
- •My Sister the Nightmare, Janet BlossProbably out of print. Read over and over again as a kid.
- •I Know This Much Is True, Wally LambI've only cried while reading fiction like three times. This book was the first one to make me cry.
- •Pride and Prejudice, Jane AustenIf you read her enough, she changes the way you think your thoughts.
- •There Is Room For You, Charlotte BaconSecond time I cried while reading fiction. Charlotte was my professor and is a fearless writer who tackles a multitude of genres. While working at her college library, she stumbled upon some journals of British women who'd lived in colonial India. Years later, she wrote this.
- •Words Under the Words, Naomi Shihab NyeGorg.
- •Carnival Evening, Linda PastanPastan is the kind of poet/writer who makes you feel like you're writing alongside her as you read.
- •Contemporary American Poetry, Ed. A PoulinIntroduced me to contemporary American poetry. True to its word, basically.
- •Brave New World, Aldous HuxleyI think about this book A LOT as pot becomes legalized, state by state.