WHY I DON'T GET CALLS FROM TELEMARKETERS
- •I've had my phone number for 10 years.
- •During that time, whenever a form has asked for my telephone number, I change the last digit from a four to a five.
- •Now, about two years ago, it came to my attention that someone has the phone number that I have been using. And I feel bad about that.
- •One particularly zealous real estate agent figured out my actual number, and she apparently had spoken to the gentleman who has the number I've been disseminating for 10 years.
- •She didn't give me any details, but she did relay that the gentleman was annoyed.
- •One day, I will call him and apologize.
- •I will also ask if he just gave up at some point and started using my CVS advantage card because I get some weird coupons.