Actors That Will Make ME More Likely to See a Movie
Hold-tap the list title for a shortcut to make your own list. (It will automatically tag me in your list)
- •James GandolfiniI've watched several movies I would never see just out of curiosity as to what he would do in them. His "Inside the Actors Studio" episode is the best one I've seen. I made a list of more of those here: Best Episodes of "Inside the Actors Studio"
- •Denzel WashingtonI like that he completely disappears in the 1-2 years between his projects. Then all of a sudden he's back and just completely lights up the screen in whatever he is. Then disappears again! The definition of a movie star. Also, he doesn't always make the best movies necessarily, but I am definitely WAY more likely to see a flat-looking movie if he's the star. He legitimizes anything.
- •Jonah HillInvented the new high water mark for the line where comedy and drama merge.
- •Zach GalifianakisWhatever he plays, he takes the character to another level. Extremely versatile even in comedy lead roles, let alone drama.
- •Owen Wilson@mindy pointed out to me how silly and/or dreary Midnight in Paris could have been if it had starred any other lead actor who didn't embody this wide-eyed and offbeat wonder.
- •Zoe Kazan(@zoe) Always picks interesting movies and roles and always elevates them.
- •Mark WahlbergSo watchable, whether it's in a Scorsese movie or Wahlburgers on A & E.