Best Oprah Interviews
I don't know why I got this list request but I'll go for it and make it an open list. Any Oprah fans? I do think she is the best interviewer alive because she asks the questions only a close friend would dare ask, in a way that makes the subject feel relieved that they have a close friend to talk to.
- •RihannaFull of wisdom, honesty, and beauty from the jump.
- •Lindsay LohanStaying sober is incredibly difficult, even if you're not in the public eye. Oprah seems like one of the only public figures to offer Lindsay any support, in a way only Oprah canSuggested by @rosiewelles
- •TOMMY CRUISE!Suggested by @shanaz
- •Kris JennerOne of the few times Kris talks about the OJ trial publicly, as well as Kim's divorce, etc. It's awesome.
- •Janet MockOne of the best, I devoured this interview! @janetmock
- •Rob BellSuggested by @BWN_7
- •James FreyWhen she made him come on and apologize for lying about being an addict in his book A Million Little PiecesSuggested by @k8mcgarry
- •Gabrielle Union, Viola Davis, Phylicia Rashad, Alfre WoodardA wonderful talk about being black women in Hollywood
- •ObvsSuggested by @biz
- •Toni BraxtonIt reminded me of when my mom chews me out over the phone for spending much of my check on food. Favorite part: When Oprah says, "You had... Gucci flatware. *I* don't even have Gucci flatware!" THE SHADE.Suggested by @olive
- •Stephen Colbert. So great to hear from his brilliant mind out of his then character. Oprah brings out great things.Suggested by @mcfearless
- •Jordan and Jonathan Knight from NKOTBNKOTB band members (and brothers) Jordan and Jonathan came on the show to discuss their mutual struggles with Anxiety disorders. Jonathan had a panic attack ON STAGE during the show. This all happened at a time where panic attacks weren't as widely discussed. It's illuminating and heartbreaking.Suggested by @mariahnp
- •Cormac McCarthyFirst ever television interview for one of the greatest writers alive. In his first answer he tells Oprah he's never met a woman he understood. They work to an edgy truce. http://www.oprah.com/oprahsbookclub/Oprahs-Exclusive-Interview-with-Cormac-McCarthy-VideoSuggested by @helytimes
- •Iyanla vs OprahWhen they had it out about why Iyanla left the show, her new show getting cancelled, etc.Suggested by @stars
- •Elie Wiesel and Oprah at AuschwitzOprah has a deep understanding of when to talk, ask questions, and go deeper, and when to just be silent. The haunting silence in this interview makes it an unforgettable interviewSuggested by @pnw
- •Whitney HoustonSuggested by @kiraandlulu
- •Jk RowlingSuch a smart and caring lady. She cares for her characters and the rest of the world and thats why her books resonate.Suggested by @tantan