Movies That Are One Step Away From Sci-fi
I love when a film has a magical premise that it can get the audience to accept without ever offering an explanation as to why it happened. Any favorites?
- •Midnight in ParisI really liked this movie (I know @Bourdain disagrees). It only occurred to me afterwards that there was no scene with a Doc Brown type explaining the bizarre scientific wrinkle that led to this time travel, nor was it necessary.
- •Groundhog DayWe are never asked to wonder why this situation has occurred scientifically: we only are asked to wonder cosmically, and what he should do about it.
- •Beasts of the Southern WildSuggested by @lgw
- •Cats & DogsSuggested by @eyelashka
- •Matilda! All the focus is on the Trunch, and Miss Honey, and Matilda's crappy parents--WHAT ABOUT HER TELEKINESIS? Roald just throws that in there without a word. The guy had balls and it paid off again and again.Suggested by @pmb
- •Ruby SparksSuggested by @maddydinsdale