SONGS ELVIS SHOULD'VE SANG
Died too soon! The King would've killed these:
- •Brilliant Disguise, Bruce SpringsteenCan hear him getting all emotional on "maybe baby the gypsy lied"
- •The First Cut Is The Deepest, Cat StevensHow did he not record this one?
- •Maybe I'm Amazed, Paul McCartneyAnother one you could see him losing his mind on. Full-on, spread-the-gold-wings-on-the-jump-suit breakdown.
- •New Kid in Town, EaglesActually, so many Eagles songs would've worked. Take It Easy? Sure. Desperado? Definitely.
- •Small Town, John MellencampConcert opener. Well, probably second act.
- •Night Moves, Bob SegerWould've brought down the house. I REMEMBER I REMEMBER I REMEMBER
- •Rearviewmirror, Pearl JamUnconventional choice but as a mid-set change of pace it would've been nuts. Black would be a good choice, too.
- •There Is A Light, The SmithsNot sure if he could've pulled off the double decker bus part but still.
- •Love Will Tear Us Apart, Joy DivisonJust CROONING it.