- •Sunny and warmThe undisputed heavyweight champion.
- •Sunny and wintryCrisp! You can wear sunglasses and not feel silly. Day drinking on a sunny winter weekend afternoon is a joy. It's like you're in Denver or something.
- •Windy and grayDon't love it all the time, but the occasional gray autumn day is fun for pretending you're in a Smiths video. Very literary. Ideal for work, chores and non-leisure activities.
- •Genuine snowstormEverything becomes a hassle: travel, staying dry, maintaining a reasonable core temperature. On the plus side, in heavy enough doses, work and school get cancelled. On the negative side, you better have booze in the house or you're screwed.
- •Rainy and coldThe worst: slow driving, wet shoes, the whole ordeal of using an umbrella. Umbrellas and toasters are in a dead heat for the least efficient tools that you can't do without. People who think rain is soothing or romantic need to find better ways to spend their time.