The Tim Ferriss Rapid Fire Interview
Always wanted to take all of the questions that Tim Ferriss ends his podcast with, compile them and ask them to myself and my friends. Here goes!
- •Any particular morning rituals or habits you have that when performed consistently, you find produce better days for you?I've always wanted to be a morning person. I have some good stretches where I wake up and run 3+ miles and feel productive the entire day. It happens in bunches though. I also have a "Morning" bookmarks folder for all of the sites I like to visit just to get it out of my system. It's all sites to get excited and inspired about cool things people are making so I can apply it to my own work.
- •If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?I would have an unbelievable memory. I write everything down, am organized out of necessity. It's easiest for me to organize my thoughts through writing. But if I could just remember it all I wouldn't have to spend so much time writing everything down.
- •If you could put a billboard anywhere in the world what would it say and where would you put it?"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Just as a reminder not to get intimidated taking on big projects. And in Chicago so I could see it everyday.
- •What book or books do you gift or have gifted the most to other people other than your own?"The Year Without Pants" is one of the only books I've bought multiple times to give away. I remember I was so engrossed in that book that I was reading it while I was walking home from work. I got emotional reading it's message at the end because it's a reminder that it's important to do meaningful work. And there's a million different ways to do that.
- •Any favorite documentaries?Exit Through the Gift Shop. There's magic in what Banksy does. I was once in Central Park one weekend when he was secretly selling his art there for $50/pop (without advertising that it was really his) and I wish I had walked past it to see what I would have done.
- •When you think of a successful person who's the first person to come to mind?Mark Cuban. Sold his company and bought an NBA team. It's the fantasy. Now he helps others to do the same thing. He did it in a huge way, but really it's anyone who can focus on whatever they want to be doing and enjoys it.
- •What advice would you give to your 20 year old self?Learn something new everyday. If you can't answer the question. "What did you learn today?" with something new, you're not digging deep enough.