AWESOME PODCASTS FOR LEARNING THINGS
I hate WASTING TIME driving when I COULD BE on a train, reading, but Melbourne's public transport is far from all-encompassing. So I have learnt to podcast. These are some of my favourites, science and history and language, most of them hosted by journalists, who can weave a fantastic story.
- •InvisibiliaThe one that got me into podcasting. The PERFECT podcast for people into psych-y related topics. One episode was on a lady who had touch synasthesia, and could feel other people's sensations if she saw them happening. A great mix of explanation, interviews, and...story telling.
- •Science is GoldenKind of similar but Australian, and more science-focused. One episode looks at "human guinea pigs" and talks to people who volunteer for clinical trials.
- •TED Radio HourI often think that I ought to watch more TED stuff. Now I can do it while in the shower!
- •The InquiryNews and politics from around the world, told in a, you guessed it, story
- •LoreThis one is my new favourite! Takes stories from history (one example, the Pied Piper), and looks deeper into the possible truth of it
- •RadiolabSome investigative journalism, just interesting stories.
- •RevealSimilar to Radiolab. If anyone knows anything like this but focusing on stories in Australia (or more wide-world rather than an American focus), please let me know!
- •Hidden BrainA really awesome social science podcast!Suggested by @emrosemros
- •Dan Carlin's Hardcore HistoryI personally enjoyed the Genghis Khan episodes. Some of them are 4+ hours long but totally worth it!Suggested by @allisongag
- •Success FreaksTwo guys helping others be awesome. This comedic motivational podcast has so many relatable life situations that everyone can learn from. Plus they'll make you laugh!Suggested by @Two_Drops_of_A
- •99% Invisible99% Invisible is a podcast about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world.Suggested by @mrkylematz
- •Under the Influence, a Canadian show podcast on the cbc radio app, about the art and business of advertising. Terry O'Reilly is a smart and funny host with years of experience in the industry and great examples. It's fun.Suggested by @kateofcanada
- •screenfacts.podbean.com, iTunes or Google Play MusicLearn fun trivia about a different movie every Wednesday.Suggested by @JasonDavisVoice
- •Revisionist History (happens to be Malcolm Gladwell's new podcast. It's EXCELLENT)!!! and my personal favorite, esp for learning is Waking Up with Sam Harris. Amazingly brilliant guests, wonderfully intellectual conversations. ENJOY!Suggested by @davidtodd
- •Stuff You Should KnowJosh & Chuck are awesome. Always entertaining. They have a HUGE catalog.Suggested by @doodler19
- •The SporkfulIt's not for foodies, but for eaters! It's a podcast from a station in NYC! So addictive!Suggested by @barbie62