MY FAVOURITE LEUNIG CARTOONS
So I was put on a list for being Australian (UNITED NATIONS OF LIST APP 🌍) and I feel like I should say something Australian now? Leunig is an Australian Living Treasure.
- •Curly beach
- •Festival of Weeping(couldn't fit the whole thing in to the square) I recommend piano weeping if you are feeling in need of some catharsis
- •God give us strengthYou don't have to be religious to appreciate this one
- •Self-storageThis one was up on my corkboard for a while
- •A gruntled fellow
- •Ducks and mental healthNot this cartoon in particular, but I love Leunig's characteristic use of ducks as embodiments of wisdom and mental peace.
- •LiteratureI just LOVE this one
- •Let it All UnravelThis has been helpful, of late. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8d/48/d3/8d48d3ebaf3e14e74e9be7de86b11321.jpg
- •Come Sit Down Beside MeMy dad used to recite this poem frequently (without any real prompting) and it is one of my favourites
- •Come Sit Down Beside Me illustration
- •Life's journey
- •The Happiest AngelI still don't quite understand what this means but it fills me with an unexplained hope http://www.curlyflat.net/cartoons/L311298.gif
- •Fellow human lonely lambPublished around the time of the phone hacking scandals. I just love the rhyme scheme of this, too
- •You Go into the GardenHe actually explains the symbolism in this one so I know what everything means! http://leunig.com.au/images/featured-prints/l-you-go-into-the-garden.jpg
- •Let the Wound Lie OpenI have a friend who died recently, and he gave me a Leunig book for my 21st. This one is in there, and I can't express how much this speaks to me now.