🌒🌓🌕🌗🌘Journal Prompts for Writing Along with the (August) Corn Moon
For all the journal-keepers out there. August is the Corn Moon, lots of strong, social, enthusiastic Leo energy. It's a great moon for starting new projects, getting together with friends, and JOURNALING! Yay! Let's go get looney.
- •Aug 10 🌓 1st Quarter: What obstacles or challenges are you experiencing in your life right now? Are they exhilarating or frustrating? Why? If they are the latter, what can you do to turn that around?Whether we’re beginning a new creative project, business venture, or relationship, no path is without its obstacles and struggle. The Leo energy of the Corn Moon reminds us that sometimes the obstacles and struggle are the best part. Obstacles challenge and inspire us and the struggle makes us stronger. It is through them that we attain wisdom and experience.
- •Aug 18 🌕 Full Moon: Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Are you satisfied w/ the quantity & quality of your social interactions? Identify one or two things you might want to change about your social-self/social-life & how to bring about those changes.We all know about introverts vs. extroverts. Leo energy is almost always an extroverted energy, inspiring a desire for social interaction and connecting with others. For introverts this energetic social push can manifest itself as frustration, or even depression, if shyness prevents you from achieving the interaction you crave; while extroverts can tend to over-book themselves, falling victim to quantity over quality.
- •Aug 25 🌗 3rd quarter: Do you make room in your life for moments of wild abandon as well as controlled productivity? In which of these areas do you feel you are most lacking? What can you do to bring more of one or the other–and thus bring balance–to your life?The strong energy of the Corn Moon inspires us to start crazy new projects and connect with long-lost friends; but this energy can also be like a freight train, insensible to nuance or refinement. We need both wildness and restraint in order to be healthy and successful. Nature strives for balance, and our lives are no exception.
- •Aug 31 🌑 Dark moon: What have you learned about yourself during the Corn Moon? Which gifts or strengths do you want to bring forward with you into the next lunation? How will you fit the Leo lessons into your life in the coming weeks and months?Leo energy will soon make way for the restful and balanced Virgo energy. But the memory of Leo energy is always with us, ready to be brought forward when we need it.
- •And before you know it, it's September and the Harvest moon! Happy looning! (Luna-ing? Loonating?) Uh... Happy mooning!