WHY I'M THE STAR WARS GENERATION
On Twitter, I'm discussing Star Wars new trailer with two other men. All of us are middle-aged.
- •Age: Star Wars, the original, is one of the first movies I remember watching in the theatre.
- •@josh was not even born.
- •The Empire Strikes Back ruined my 9-year-old view of a fair outcome. The good guys don't win.
- •Return of the Jedi was one of the seminal movie events of my life. Yes, the ewoks are ridiculous, but the good guys won.
- •I attended a midnight screening of Phantom Menace, hoping it would contain some of the excitement of the first three movies. But it was bad.
- •I am hopeful that the Force Awakens is fun, exciting movie.
- •Star Wars reminds me that optimism matters. It's about believing a better world is possible, despite a heavy-handed Imperial occupation.
- •Four decades later, I do believe a better, fairer world is possible.