THE THINGS I'M MOST EMBARRASSED TO SHARE WITH MY #MFA PEERS
I am a first year MFA fiction student at the University of SC. @lenadunham's portrayal of MFA life at Iowa is both hilarious and in many ways, poignantly accurate. I sometimes feel like an imposter here, my mainstream qualities drowning in a sea of hipster craft beer and Nietzschean theory and Freudian analyses.
- •My affinity for Taylor Swift.1989 on repeat in my car
- •My disdain for coffee and craft beerI like green tea and Jack Daniels. And I don't think Starbucks is the devil. Sue me.
- •The fact that I would list Game of Thrones as one of my favorite booksNot to mention the fact that I love the HBO show adaptation. Not exactly high brow literary culture. #teamTyrion for life.
- •My lack of an inspiring childhoodDamn my parents for raising me in a loving, safe home where all of my needs and many of my wants were always met. How am I supposed to write anything remotely interesting from that??
- •My favorite weekend activities that are completely devoid of intellectual stimulationNetflix and chill. But the old school kind where I'm alone and eating tacos and binge watching The Walking Dead
- •I'm a dog personI finally got a cat just to fit in. I think he knows somehow and resents me for it
- •No tattoosThink I just need to get a tramp stamp of a Hemingway quote and be done with it