FAVOURITE SUBSTITUTES FOR COOKING VEGAN
- •mushrooms in place of meat - portobello are great for "steak" - try marinating them!
- •oyster mushrooms for oysters (the stems are great substitute for scallops), lobster mushroom for lobster
- •hearts of palm taste exactly like mozzarella, they even have the same texture! try breading & frying them for vegan mozzarella sticks, or raw for a vegan caprese salad
- •coconut oil and coconut milk work great for baking! coconut or hazelnut milk are my favorites for coffee. they even have chocolate hazelnut milk which is basically liquid gold (/Nutella)
- •instead of processed vegan cheese, try cheeses made from nuts. almond & cashew cheeses are my favorite. chia cheeze is great for nachos or mac & cheese
- •earth balance butter is pretty amazing... or just use mashed avocado with some salt.
- •if you want an alternative to pasta, kelp noodles are amazing. so good for you and won't put you in a food coma