7 CHRISTMAS SONGS THAT HAVE MADE ME CRY
Some songs make you want to smash the radio or run out of the store by there are a few that don't just make you stop to listen but actually move you. Obviously, these rarely get played.
- •CHRISTMAS DON'T BE LATE- PowderSometimes hearing human voices (instead of chipmunk) can really hit your heart strings.
- •SOMEDAY AT CHRISTMAS-StepladderA less cloying New Stevie Wonder version is making the rounds on the radio and as Apple commercial. Really a great song for the times.
- •SNOOPY'S CHRISTMAS -The Royal GuardsmanIf the Red Baron can wish his arch enemy a Merry Christmas then surely there's hope for us all, right?
- •IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER- The Blind Boys of AlabamaArrestingly beautiful performance led by Chrissy Hynde.
- •WHITE WINE IN THE SUN- Tim MinchinJust try and get through it without crying. You can't do it.
- •LITTLE DRUMMER BOY- David Bowie and Bing CrosbyAt the time genre-bending collaboration seems to have presaged mashup culture. Still, when Bowie warbles "for my child and your child too..."
- •GOD BLESS YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN / WE THREE KINGS - Sarah McLachlan and The Barenaked LadiesLove this song. It has great singing, musicianship and a sense of humor. I love how Sarah begins to fall behind the ladies.