Things Most People Do Not Want to Hear About
Unless presented in a diverting list form of course, most folks I know do not want to hear about—
- •Your genealogical researchA great-great grandma from Vienna? Don't care. You're descended from medieval royalty? So's everybody else (cuz genetic drift), and still don't care.
- •Your trials with insurance claimsIt was awful enough when I went through it. No need to experience it again vicariously.
- •Anything longer than the elevator version of your novel or dissertationUnless we're in a writing group together, then I'm totally down.
- •Your dreamsSurely you already know better.
- •Why I should join your cult/religion/belief system.Yes I've heard of Abraham Hicks and no I don't think I can wish away cancer.Suggested by @kamina
- •That you got bullied in middle schoolSupermodels ALWAYS say they had it hard because they were bullied in middle school. So was everyone. That's why middle school exists!Suggested by @Boogie
- •Anything other than "fine", when they ask "How are you doing?"Suggested by @laurham820
- •Your kid's potty habitsSubset—your potty habitsSuggested by @loriatx