THINGS I DISCOVERED UPON MOVING TO CHICAGO
From a SEA to ORD transplant
- •Dunkin' donutsI had no idea this existed in real life, I thought it was a fake place people mentioned in movies sometimes. NOPE. WRONG. ITS EVERYWHERE AND ITS AWESOME. I didn't know cheap coffee like this existed.
- •Speaking of, Chicago LOVES their donutsIs a weekend without a donut really a weekend at all?
- •Midwest people pronounce Oregon—[or-e-gone]No? That's not right? That's wrong please stop?
- •Nobody knows what pho isAnd it's a bloody shame 🍜
- •GrubhubGod bless Grubhub. Any food, anytime, anywhere.
- •As huge as this city is, you somehow can run it to all the people you know all the timeI only know like 8 people and I have run into like 3 in the last week. I don't understand but I love it.
- •Chicago knows how to brunch
- •The CTA is the most organized transit system I've ever experiencedAll hail my Ventra card
- •The beach (okay, lake) is always a walk awayEven when it's 44 degrees with 23 mph winds. I'll take it.