THINGS TO TOP A REDUCED-FAT TRISCUIT WITH THAT ARE BETTER THAN PEAS, COTTAGE CHEESE AND A MINT SPRIG
Whoever designed the packaging on these crackers did not consider the breadth of possibilities, and suggested one of the worst imaginable.
- •HummusAny kind will do, but I love Roots' mango-sriracha flavor, recommended by my best friend and fellow lister, @EmmaS
- •CheeseAnd by this I mean *real* cheese -- the dense, full-fat stuff, sliced or spreadable. Not watery, weird cottage cheese!!! C'mon.
- •GuacamoleBuy it at the store or smash up some ripe avos with salt, pepper, tomatoes, onions and whatever else you like. I often add cayenne and/or hot sauce to mine.
- •ButterThere's no way to go wrong here: Dairy, nut and fruit butter would all complement this gorgeous cracker. I'm counting Nutella in this category, btw.
- •Soups and StewsThese guys are so damn dunkable and hold up well under the weight of a hearty chili or winter soup.