My Favorite Vietnamese Food, Ranked
Happy Lunar New Year! There are many more dishes but these are just the ones I have on a regular basis. If you think I left something out, let me know. also these are just my personal opinions and any english words in parenthesis are not direct translations, just what my mom calls them for us since we speak english lolll
- 1.Bún măng vịtDuck noodle soup with bamboo shots in it! MY FAVORITE FOOD OF ALL TIME. easily outranks all of these others. savory, salty, and the duck meat is always juicy and delicious. bean sprouts are an amazing texture and taste. also i ❤ noodles.
- 2.Bún bò Huếspicy and delicious noodle soup with beef and sometimes liver i think? fucking amazinggggg if its made right. better than phó imo just cause it has more flavors lol
- 3.Phóneed i say more
- 4.Bánh xèo (Vietnamese pancake)Crunchy fried batter things with shrimp, beansprouts, pork, and green onion. Best served covered in fish sauce. Me and my siblings would eat tons of these. Can be huge or small like these in the picture.
- 5.sữa đậu nànhCows milk disgusts me but for some reason I'm in love with soy milk. Especially the one in a can cause it's sugary but also bad for you
- 6.XôiSticky rice with boiled peanuts and a topping of sugar, salt and sesame seeds (the stuff in the little plastic container) a classic childhood staple.
- 7.Bánh mì (Vietnamese sandwhich)Roasted pork, cha lua, or other kinds of meat on a french bread with cucumber, pickled carrots and radishes, cilantro, and pâté. soooo good
- 8.Bánh cuốnHonestly don't really know what this is. Little bits of meat inside these folded steamed rice sheets with onions on top. Eaten with fish sauce. So delicious.
- 9.Gỏi cuốn (Spring rolls)I only really care for the shrimp and pork spring rolls. Wrapped in rice paper with cucumber and other green stuff. Dipped in a hoisin sauce and peanut butter concoction ❤❤❤
- 10.cà phê đá (Vietnamese Iced Coffee)for some reason I think this coffee is more bitter than regular coffee but 👌🏽👌🏽 condensed milk
- 11.Thit Kho TauNew Years Food! Boiled eggs with carmelized pork. Typically eaten on the eve of lunar new years. Amazingggg
- 12.Chả giò (Egg rolls)You know what this is. My mom makes the best ones.
- 13.Bánh bèoKind of similar to banh cuon imo. Little circle of steamed rice batter with little pieces of shrimp, green onions, carmelized onions, and other crunchy things?? served with fish sauce aka nuoc mam
- 14.Bánh bao (Steam buns)Lil steamed dumpling things with boiled egg, pork, and "chinese sausage" aka lap xuong or as my mom says "vietnamese hot dogs"
- 15.Chả lụaMeat??????? idk its good. with pretty much everything.
- 16.Bánh tét (Vietnamese pancakes)lollll we also called this vietnamese pancakes in my family. we used to eat these with maple syrup which apparently nobody else does LOL. also taste good fried and crunchy. don't really care for these as much as the other foods though.