FAREWELL AND THANK YOU, MICHAEL C. GROSS
This past week, we lost the prolific artist, designer, and movie producer, Michael C. Gross. Here's what he left us with:
- •The Ghostbusters logoHe not only produced Ghostbusters I, II, and the cartoon, he was responsible for the icon.
- •National Lampoon magazineGross was the Art Director for National Lampoon magazine - this was arguably his most memorable cover.
- •Esquire MagazineHe art directed Esquire in the '70s. This extreme close-up of Lee Marvin got a lot of attention.
- •Heavy MetalAs a film producer, Gross worked on some quintessential movies, like Heavy Metal, and...
- •Kindergarten Cop!
- •He was also John Lennon's designer, produced Twins, and painted art until his passing.
- •Michael C. Gross, 2 weeks ago...at his Oceanside home. Years back, I flipped his famous National Lampoon cover with Ben's pug, Wallace, for a T-shirt. He loved it. Rest in Power!