I KNOW WHAT INSTAGRAM NEEDS.
Big news for celebrities, social media coordinators, and losers like me who have multiple Instagram personality disorder. The app is finally testing out multiple-account support (for Android devices), which means we can now switch back and forth between profiles with the ease of a dropdown. But you know what Instagram really needs?
- •Dated timestamps.It's getting harder to earmark life milestones in "weeks ago." "This is our 437w anniversary!"
- •Linking out.Instagram, the possessive boyfriend.
- •ReGramming.Instead of outsourcing this to a 3rd party app, why not just incorporate a ReGram button for a cleaner, endemic experience?
- •Muting.I know, I know - Why not just UnFollow? You know why? Because people are babies.
- •Scheduled posts.In a perfect scenario, Instagram would go back to its early days - when it was about immediacy, kinda like Snapchat. It was frowned upon to upload a photo from your Library and encouraged to capture your raw, present perspective. Well, that lasted about a year, and now FuckJerry has perverted your beautiful Instagram photo gallery into a garbage disposal of Internet memes. So, while we're at it, why don't you just give us the option to postdate the update?
- •Turning off Comments.Or, what The List App provides (which is genius) - Only allowing Comments from people you choose to follow. This would change not only Instagram behavior, but social culture as a whole. And it could ultimately make the platform a more positive, honest, creative, and beneficial experience.
- •Search function.You know, instead of having to scroll back 437 weeks ago.
- •Jump to: ______A search option for those who don't get on the gram as frequently, but still wanna catch up on #tbts without scrolling all the way backSuggested by @amilli
- •Bookmarking for your feed so you can start where you left off.Suggested by @wonderishmama
- •Titties.#FreeTheNipple.Suggested by @olive
- •Accounts for people's dogs and chicks at the gymSuggested by @Nicholas
- •A zoom featureSuggested by @fresa18
- •A way to make people's faces instantly deformed/hideous, as though they just watched the video from "the ring"Suggested by @dave
- •Fewer ads.I get why they're there, but seriously like every third picture on my feed is an ad now. If this took the form of a premium version I have to pay for, that's cool; I just at least would like the option.Suggested by @nelle
- •Lists!Like the Twitter ones, not the ones on this app. I hate missing friends' posts because of brands making a huge mosaic in thirty seconds. I know they weren't successful on Facebook, but I think they'd mesh with Instagram due to the real estate each post takes up on your screen (and the lack of algorithmic home feed curation).Suggested by @maggieannre
- •DraftsSeriously, why is Instagram is the only major social media outlet that doesn't let us save unfinished posts for later? It's almost 2016 and they've rolled out a DM feature, trending tags, and the ability to search for a place, but not drafts!Suggested by @ayegone
- •A local search via a map. Being able to see what's being posted in your city without trolling through the garbage tagged by businesses with your city.Suggested by @digitalowen
- •Limit feed hogs: let me select users to only show 1x per day. Bundle all photos L to R. Twitter needs this too.Suggested by @lukedyer